After Asif Mahmud, Hasnat loses Facebook ID


Published: 03:46 6 January 2026
The personal Facebook profile of Hasnat Abdullah, the main organizer of the National Citizens Party (NCP) in the southern region, has been deactivated. He himself announced this information while going live on his verified Facebook page on Tuesday morning. He also mentioned that he has not been able to communicate directly with his fans and supporters for the past few days due to the closure of his personal ID.
In a video message, Hasnat Abdullah said that his personal Facebook profile named "Hasnat Abdullah" was deactivated several days ago. He alleged that after taking an anti-India stance, his ID was deliberately deactivated using copyright claims due to some posts. He believes that such steps have been taken due to his expression of opinion on social media.
Hasnat Abdullah said that from now on, after the closure of his personal ID, he will be regularly active from his verified Facebook page. He said that earlier this page was mainly managed by admins, but now since the personal profile is ineffective, he will directly share his statements and information from here.
Calling on his supporters, he said that cooperation is needed to regularly share the verified Facebook page to reach his statements and political position to the general public. He also said that he will use this page as the only medium for communication for the time being.
Hasnat Abdullah claims that his personal profile has been disabled due to copyright allegations due to his anti-India political position on social media. He also sees this incident as pressure on freedom of expression.
It is worth noting that former advisor Asif Mahmud Sajeeb Bhuiyan has been the victim of a similar incident before. He himself said that his official Facebook page with about 3 million followers has been removed by the Facebook authorities. In a post on his other Facebook ID on December 26, Asif Mahmud claimed that his page was removed after a coordinated report was made on posts and videos about Inqilab Manch spokesperson Sharif Osman Hadi.
He also mentioned in the post that the report was planned by sharing links in various Telegram groups and that strikes were given to three videos related to Hadi. These incidents of political figures' Facebook IDs and pages being deactivated continuously have created a new debate on the role of social media and the misuse of copyright systems.
Most Readed - Politics
- After Honors, Shibir leader Sajjad leaves the hall on the day of results announcement
- Attack on victim's family after being released on bail in Narail, 2 injured
- World Vision is hiring, apply quic
- Norwegian newspaper's 'snake-wearing' Modi cartoon sparks international controversy
- New craze as Shakib Khan joins viral ‘Ki Rag Karla’ trend on Facebook
- New pressure to increase electricity prices, big proposals at both transmission and wholesale levels
- BNP leader arrested in dowry case in jail
- Bangladesh makes history by whitewashing Pakistan
- Auto driver beaten to death for not paying 10 taka extortion
- Allegations of selling children in Siddhirganj: Three arrested including father
- Khorshed Alam stands by fire-affected traders, provides financial assistance
- Unidentified woman finds shelter in Savar thanks to journalist's humanitarian initiative
- Jubo Mohila League leader Shilpi in jail with one and a half month old child
- Which blood group is at higher risk of stroke? Study finds important information
- Ishaq Sarkar, Roni and Kafi join NCP, party expected to strengthen
- Smuggling Phensedyl Hidden Inside Jackfruit, Youth Arrested in Jessore
- Trump's attempt to activate nuclear codes against Iran, the reason for which he backtracked
- Railway engine shortage causes oil shortage in Rangpur, public life in five districts in trouble
- 13 US soldiers killed in 40 days of Iran war
- Terrible fire in Savar's Shahibagh, Lion Khorshed stands by the victims




