Swarup train after 23 consecutive days


Published: 02:04 15 August 2024
After a long break, all types of trains have started running in full from today. Due to the violence surrounding the quota reform movement, train services were stopped for 23 consecutive days.
However, freight trains started running from last Monday (12 August) and mail, express, local, commuter trains started running from next Tuesday.
On Monday, August 12, the station master of the capital's Kamalapur railway station Mohammad Anwar Hossain confirmed the start of all types of train movement.
Before this, on August 11, Director Public Relations Officer of Bangladesh Railway. Nahid Hasan Khan said in a press release sent to the media that passenger trains started from Tuesday after being closed for 23 consecutive days, freight trains from last Monday and mail, express, local, commuter trains from August 13 and inter-city trains from August 15 have been announced to operate in phases. Bangladesh Railway Authority.
Earlier, train services were completely stopped from July 19 after the government imposed a curfew amid violence surrounding the quota reform movement. After being shut down for 13 days, short distance trains started running from August 1. However, on the first day of the non-cooperation movement called by the anti-discrimination student movement, the train movement was stopped again.
Last Sunday (August 4) night, director of public relations of Bangladesh Railway. Nahid Hasan Khan said in a message that all trains have been temporarily suspended until further instructions. Train services across the country have been suspended since then.
Advertisement
Most Readed - National
- There is no fertilizer crisis in the country, chaos planned: Agriculture Minister
- Ashes concert postponed in Kishoreganj due to objections from imams and ulamas
- Dipu Moni's husband's funeral and burial after parole decision
- Has Roberto Carlos converted to Islam? What is known
- Iran is losing control of the Strait of Hormuz
- Government is taking initiatives to reduce the price of smartphones to $50-60
- Sugarcane cultivation is changing the fate of farmers, opening up additional income avenues
- There is no owner or shopkeeper, you have to make and drink tea yourself
- NBR to be split into two independent institutions: Finance Minister
- Jamaat's press conference today on the government's six-month evaluation
- Corruption in Tk 1,500-crore ‘Sufal’ project: ACC raids and summons documents at the Forest Department
- The story of grandmother's sacrifice behind Lamine Yamal's success, how her life changed
- Jamaat is not a party of angels, we too can make mistakes: Opposition leader
- Housewife dies of electrocution while cooking rice on magic stove
- Chief Prosecutor hopes to complete all investigations into July massacres within a year
- Miraj is on the verge of losing the captaincy, who will get the new responsibility?
- Deep depression churns Bay of Bengal, heavy rains forecast across country
- 'A dog cannot bark with a bone in its mouth': Naseeruddin Shah takes a dig at Bollywood's silence
- Police-public clash over Delhi protests, internet suspended and metro services suspended
- Nolan to take a three-year break from filmmaking after The Odyssey




