Mehazabine Takes Legal Action Over 14-Bottle Liquor Allegations


Published: 04:18 24 February 2026
Actress Mehazabine Chowdhury has recently found herself at the center of controversy following claims that 14 bottles of alcohol were found in her luggage when returning from abroad. Several reports last year suggested that she was questioned at the airport over the incident. However, Mehazabine has firmly denied all such allegations.
Although she did not hold a press conference, Mehazabine addressed the issue on social media, clearly stating her position. She also announced that she has initiated legal action against those spreading false information about her.
In a post on her verified Facebook page on Tuesday (February 24), Mehazabine wrote that the defamatory claims against her are completely baseless. She emphasized that she was never detained at the airport, nor was any of her luggage or handbag confiscated. “There is no question of any illegal items being found in my luggage,” she added.
She further criticized the spread of misleading reports, questioning whether anyone could present actual photos, videos, or evidence to support claims of her being interrogated or having illegal items discovered. She expressed concern over how defamation has become normalized, with her images being misused to generate clickbait and false news.
Mehazabine reiterated that the accusations against her have no factual basis and that she has no involvement in the reported incidents. Some reports had stated that in August last year, she was allegedly detained at Dhaka’s Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport with 14 bottles of alcohol in her luggage, accompanied by her filmmaker husband Adnan Al Rajib and director Shankha Dasgupta.
Advertisement
Most Readed - Entertainment
- Emraan Hashmi is coming back with 'Jannat', 'Jannat 3' is coming
- Jamaat has adopted the characteristics of Awami League: Rashed Khan
- 600 students leave hostel in India over 'ghost scare', doctors have different explanations
- Government's 180-day 'honeymoon period' over, now time for visible results: Education Minister
- It may take two years to overcome the gas crisis, says Commerce Minister to build infrastructure
- Jaya Ahsan in Kolkata's Rajpath procession, discussion and criticism on social media
- 'Well done Bangladesh Cricket Team' says Jamaat Amir
- Is it possible to determine gender with a testosterone test? Find out what science says
- North Korean soldiers enter the border, South Korea fires warning shots
- Announcement of free education for women up to honors, PM's message of new opportunities in higher education
- Corruption in Tk 1,500-crore ‘Sufal’ project: ACC raids and summons documents at the Forest Department
- The story of grandmother's sacrifice behind Lamine Yamal's success, how her life changed
- Housewife dies of electrocution while cooking rice on magic stove
- Jamaat is not a party of angels, we too can make mistakes: Opposition leader
- Chief Prosecutor hopes to complete all investigations into July massacres within a year
- Miraj is on the verge of losing the captaincy, who will get the new responsibility?
- International DJ Sanjay Dev to perform on Dhaka stage today
- BNP's long movement has been successful in the July mass uprising: Rizvi
- Deep depression churns Bay of Bengal, heavy rains forecast across country
- 'A dog cannot bark with a bone in its mouth': Naseeruddin Shah takes a dig at Bollywood's silence




