Two illegal fish enclosures demolished in Rangabali


Published: 01:38 19 October 2025
The upazila administration has demolished two illegal fish enclosures built by encroaching on government khas land in Rangabali upazila of Patuakhali. The operation was conducted from noon to 5 pm on Saturday (October 18) in the area adjacent to Jahajmara Beach in Moudubi Union of the upazila under the leadership of Upazila Executive Officer and Executive Magistrate Rajib Das Purkayastha.
The administration said that a total of 14 acres of government khas land was recovered in the operation. Of this, about 10 acres of land belonging to Jalmahal had been illegally occupied by local Zakir Bhuiyan for a long time to build a fish enclosure. He was fined Tk 50,000 as per the Environment Conservation Act, 1995. Later, on the orders of the administration, the dam of the enclosure was cut and the normal flow of water was restored.
In addition, the enclosure built on 4 acres of government khas land occupied by another person named Ibrahim Mahmud Likon was also demolished. Although he was not found during the operation, a meteorite and two sets of fishing nets were seized from inside the enclosure and handed over to the custody of a local UP member.
After the operation, Upazila Executive Officer and Executive Magistrate Rajib Das Purkayastha said, "This operation by the administration will be conducted regularly to keep government khas land free from encroachment and ensure the normal flow of water bodies. Strict legal action will be taken against anyone who encroaches on government land and carries out illegal activities."
Locals said that for a long time, some influential people in the area had encroached on government khas land and established fish enclosures. This step by the administration has brought relief to the common people.
Advertisement
Most Readed - Crime & Order
- Emraan Hashmi is coming back with 'Jannat', 'Jannat 3' is coming
- Jamaat has adopted the characteristics of Awami League: Rashed Khan
- 600 students leave hostel in India over 'ghost scare', doctors have different explanations
- Government's 180-day 'honeymoon period' over, now time for visible results: Education Minister
- It may take two years to overcome the gas crisis, says Commerce Minister to build infrastructure
- Jaya Ahsan in Kolkata's Rajpath procession, discussion and criticism on social media
- 'Well done Bangladesh Cricket Team' says Jamaat Amir
- Is it possible to determine gender with a testosterone test? Find out what science says
- North Korean soldiers enter the border, South Korea fires warning shots
- Announcement of free education for women up to honors, PM's message of new opportunities in higher education
- Corruption in Tk 1,500-crore ‘Sufal’ project: ACC raids and summons documents at the Forest Department
- The story of grandmother's sacrifice behind Lamine Yamal's success, how her life changed
- Housewife dies of electrocution while cooking rice on magic stove
- Jamaat is not a party of angels, we too can make mistakes: Opposition leader
- Chief Prosecutor hopes to complete all investigations into July massacres within a year
- 'A dog cannot bark with a bone in its mouth': Naseeruddin Shah takes a dig at Bollywood's silence
- International DJ Sanjay Dev to perform on Dhaka stage today
- Miraj is on the verge of losing the captaincy, who will get the new responsibility?
- Extortion and terrorism cannot be stopped without reforms: Nasiruddin Patwari
- BNP's long movement has been successful in the July mass uprising: Rizvi




